I’ve been making some PJ’s for myself. So far so good, I’ve made the pattern before for my sister, the fabric is lovely to work with, I have an overlocker this time round (yay!) and all has gone well.
Until we get to the annoying Fitting of the Back. This type of fitting issue is something that does not rear its ugly head with every project, but it sure gets my back up (pardon the pun) when it does.
So, I have already taken out roughly 6cm from the center back by taking in the back side seams (only, left the front panels well alone), tapering in to the under arm and bottom hem. Then realised extra rumples were being caused by there not being enough room for derriere. Solved that by letting OUT side seams for the last 10 cm or so until nothing when you get to the hem. Now looks better.
I have made PJ’s before for myself, but have not worn them as they were just not comfy (1950′s vintage pattern, one of my few unsatisfactory projects) and I so want to make these PJ’s be comfy AND look good.
Thoughts please! yes its dark, my housemate isn’t here to take a photo with flash, this is just a self portrait using my trusty lap top.