Apart from the fact that if you paid for the hours I spent “saving” left over fabric from oblivion any economist would be justly horrified the latest project has been a good investment of time.
Things learned: how to use grosgrain ribbon as a waist finishing. Worked well. Used corduroy for the first time too. Did my second ever standard zip (as opposed to my usual invisible) by accident. MUST learn to check before purchasing, as this is the second time that’s happened. Second ever project using colour blocking.
The side panels were the trickiest to insert, and a bit of seam ripping was required here. In fact, I managed to break my (sniff, original with my 1960’s Bernina machine) stitch ripper. Corduroy is hard work to seam rip! The top stitching did take a while to do, but does add a nice flat finish.
I had intended to add a lining. But then acetate is dry clean only, and would also equal double the time required to finish. The above mentioned economist would be having a heart attack by this stage if I continued.
All in all, love the curvy lines, and after taking in at the side seams by about half an inch from the hips down (originally chose a size 16 based on my measurements), a small half moon wedge out of side seams of the back yoke (to make the zip life flat) and adding 2cm to the length I think its a pretty good fit if I may say so!
and finally some photos of me wearing the skirt…