Its been an utter delight to have No Coursework to attend to, and concentrate on other things Of Interest.
As usual I been side tracked, and instead of sewing from my stash I went and bought some more fabric. It was in the sale! it was silk and cotton! in short, it had to come home with me.
I decided to make view E from V8888 (a lovely vogue pattern). Accept I’m now not so sure about my lace notion choices. I am slightly concerned about the colour mixes. I thought they would go together, but now I am wondering if I need to bleach the blue to white. Decisions……
There have been a few other wardrobe issues. My Butterick (4790) walk away dress literally tried to walk off in windy weather. I was left clutching my skirt to maintain the rather light weight fabric from whipping about. I think it needs something to weigh down the hem. I was thinking of horsehair braid, which should also make it stand out a bit more.
Wardrobe problem number 3. One of my earlier dresses (Vogue 8743) had developed a problem round the box pleat. The fabric was repeatedly ripping from the strain and I was worried about it being damaged further making a real mess.
Thanks to some great suggestions at pattern review I have now interfaced the end of the seam, added organza to stabalise and strengthen it, and curved the edges of the pleat (the photo should help this make sense) to reduce the level of spread. Its helped a lot, thankfully.