I’ve sewn the jacket together (bar the lining and the collar facings) and can now see the final effect. I’m pleased to report I’m feeling much more positive and enthusiastic about the outfit now I can see it with the jacket.
The jacket does a good job of highlighting the waist and I just love that peplum. A few tweaks for the final version are required. The sleeves need to a smidge longer (I used a 2cm hem allowance to cheat) and I took in the side seams tapering out to a quarter inch from the under arms to the waist to create zero ease in this area.
The jacket was MUCH easier to put together than the skirt. I can also already see this is going to go really well with some of my existing wardrobe (which was the whole idea of getting more wear out of this than just for my sister’s wedding).
Some creative photography was required, as my housemate is currently asleep and the light was fading fast. Given the awful lighting conditions yesterday inside later in the evening, I grabbed the camera to take some photos outside before it got too dusky. I do love that front door….