So, the UFO pile is one down and it finally feels like I have got the pace going. After cutting out the last blue tunic it was quickly clear another project could be made out of the remaining fabric. So I found a skirt pattern on craftsy http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/clothing/pip-skirt-pdf-tutorial/105768
It was a great base for my fabric, as I had one long rectangle left and with some pink side panels there would be just enough. The lining fabric came from the remnant bin at my local fabric shop (£2.50) so, along with some left over elastic I had at home this was almost a free project.
The flower on the waist band is because I accidentally snipped into it when trimming the seam allowance. Call it a design feature! So I cut a flower out of the scrap I had left over and used appliqué to attach it.
As for the feet comment, I have treated myself to some new feet for my bernina. I have an older machine so these are not cheap (if you get the originals without the adaptor). I have purchased an invisible zipper, walking foot and gathering foot. So I have tried the invisible foot with great results (it always bugged me if I haven’t got a close finish). I need to remember to use them though as I could have used the gathering foot for this skirt.
I have high hopes for using the walking foot as when I made my last quilt trying to keep the layers even was a real pain. Anyway, next on the list is a matching bolero and leggings. This shouldn’t take long but will have to be careful cutting out as its a silk blend and will be a bit slinky.