They’re finished! Two years ago I told my best sewing friend “I am not making trousers again”. Yet here I am, trouser aversion conquered. I finally have a waistband that stays put.
I discovered this morning after a night of restoring the brain cells that I hadn’t totally removed my full thigh adjustment. So more fabric got removed from the back after this got sorted. It fits better now.
I also reduced the length of the back darts by a cm after getting some feedback. I ended up using pinking shears to finish the facing waistband as the overlocked edge was showing through the outer fabric.
These may not be ultra fitted but to me they look decent and are comfy. That’s a good enough starting point for me given the position I was coming from. This project is of course, totally out of season. Its going to take a LONG time before I can consider wearing them outside
Such was my positivity I bought some purple poplin cotton (hey, it was in the sale for £3 a meter, bargain!) so who knows, come summer I may well tackle the full trouser option. I’ve also included the pattern pieces so you can see how I have adjusted them. The front centre crotch seam still needs me to add a quarter inch graded to the waistband seam.
Thanks for being encouraging in terms of feedback.