So, the 48 piece dress rumbles on. Courtesy of some help from a friend with regards fit (it is pretty hard to stick pins in your upper side seams when wearing an item with good results) I took both the bodice and skirt side seams in. I cannot believe how much ease this dress has! I’ve taken 2 inches off the skirt in total, and over 2 1/2 inches off the bodice circumference.
It now, finally, has some more shaping but still allows me to walk comfortably. This means, drumroll please, I can actually add the remainder of the lining and sort out the hemming. Then it will actually be finished. I will be steering clear of such a multi pieced pattern for at least a little bit.
Speaking of which, the next project has already been started. Oh yes, such a surprise to those who know me well to see I already have moved on before even finishing what I am working on already! Butterick 6332 came in to my possession after discovering this adorable fabric. Now, don’t you just love the print? I don’t often gush, but I on the spot decided this fabric was somehow going home and being made in to something. That something is a high waisted skirt, a style I have never worn before.
It’s going pretty well, after slicing off a small amount of the curve on the upper hips (my curve is more at the back then the side) I have got a pretty decent fit. I am going to add a lining from a lovely silk/cotton blend. So here it is…..
There was only one minor problem with this skirt. It resulted in leftover fabric. Being far too cute to abandon I immediately devised a rescue plan. Which meant it is now a pair of newborn trousers (free pattern from Made by Rae):
I didn’t pay attention when cutting out the fabric at the direction of the print. But as its slightly mixed up hopefully its not too noticeable. More photos of afore mentioned projects coming up soon…..