So, work has commenced on Vogue 2401. I did so like the design, until I had finished sewing the neck, shoulder, elbow, bust and back darts. Then acquired a minor headache working my way through the origami like instructions. This pattern is not for the faint of heart!
Given I was going to be working with a) silk and b) chequered silk I figured a toile would be a Good Idea. Despite the amount of work required to make a bodice I’m glad I did as it’s looking a bit on the short side and it’s given me a chance to practice (read rip seams) without worrying about the delicate silk being torn to shreds.
Here is the progress so far, forgive the slightly awkward side pose, I am rubbish at taking photos of myself from an angle. I’ve left all the tailor tacks in so you can clearly see where the darts are. Any comments to help improve the fit are welcome!
I think the bodice needs to be lengthened and the elbow darts need to move downwards a bit.